Saturday, January 29, 2011

Honestly This Can't Be a Throwback to the 80s

Ok, I have heard that cutting edge fashionistas and events, locally it plays out often in Stomp apparel, have fed back to the 80s. Actually many of there clothes they buy at thrift stores and stores that take carefully worn clothes for carefully worn clothes are all the faze. Boy makes it cheaper for mom.
First, a quick definition for those unfamiliar with the phrase, a Stomp is a high school conducted dance that you go to without dates usually after sporting events or on special events- my son, graduated 2 years ago- had 1 his whole senior year - #2, a current senior, has had one and it looks like another in the future. How it is being interpreted...



Ok, I was a dancer. I think I had one sweatshirt that had the cut out neck, but only wore it to or after dance class. This is not a trend we adore - Flashdance was short lived about a number of things. Tights I don't think I had a pair of tights my whole high school experience. Mostly high school was levis, some hideous shirts (I have to admit that) and bows in big hair. Yes big hair - If you went through it - embrace it. I was, unfortunately, born with straight hair that wouldn't hold a curl if I wanted it to.
Now this is a lesson to our children - we were told that what worn will come around - hope you like it, cause it will.  HA WHAT WE DID TO YOU AND HATED THE MOST YOU WILL GIVE TO YOUR NEXT GENERATION. Just had to get that off my chest.

No comments: